Monday 28 October 2013

Beat-y (?) Jottings

I was going through a notebook I used for my first sem in college, and found something I'd written there around this summer. Something I scribbled down after reading On The Road, and parts of William S. Burroughs stuff at the library, like Interzone, Queer and Junkie. Speaking of which, I saw a copy of The Naked Lunch at Odyssey for just 200 bucks, I should get it! Anyway, yeah. I tried writing something spontaneously like how Kerouac would have suggested, and mixed it up a bit like Burrough's cut up stuff. It was half finished (as usual), but I wrote a second half yesterday. I don't know what to do with it from here, I'll post it anyway. Here goes.


----------------------------

I'm a pair 
of eyes
A voyeur
Vicarious scavenging
Rrrt rrrt
I lap it all up
Washing it down with beer
- Changes of scenery 
- There are more 
things
In this land
Than are written of 
in your travel guides
- Neurotic second guessing,
A turning missed?
I'm a pair
of eyes
A voyeur.

I'm a pair
of ears
Eavesdropping
Taking in sound and rhythm
Bop bop
Like a long blues jam
Tap my feet, keep in time
- Some syncopation now
Counting in, with
a son clave
Ba ba ba, ba ba
Superimposed with your 
own grooves and opinions
- Neurotic second guessing,
A drum roll missed?
I'm a pair
of ears
Eavesdropping. 


No comments:

Post a Comment