Wednesday 25 September 2013

...And Classes End.

My semester classes have ended, finally! Come to think of it, I don't know when they began, and they ended before I even settled into the sem.

But I'm not complaining, no, hah.

I've got exams though, from Monday. Need to start studying a bit. Sems are from mid October or so. Might have to turn in some assignments too, so I've got that to look forward to.

My Spanish classes have been getting knocked up a notch as well ("Oh, it's Elzar!") and I need to gear up for that. Half the people in our class have left. That's bad and yet good. Bad because it's more serious and there's less joking around and less of a casual atmosphere, but good because we're getting more done, learning more, and the teacher, Ana, can give us more individual attention.

Right now, we're learning the difference between two types of past tenses (there are THREE). The conjugation itself is pretty easy, but knowing which to use when and where is annoying and will take a while.

Books I've read this week : 1984 - George Orwell and The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao - Junot Diaz. Oscar Wao was pretty cool, loads of dark humor and the regular kind, with lots of Spanglish and movie/book/comics references thrown in. Would be a must read, except for all the Spanish words.  1984 had a pretty disturbing ending, which I didn't expect either. But I guess enough's been said about it lately, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment