Monday 23 July 2012

Weary and Gray.

I was looking around my computer and stuff, and found some old stuff that I wrote. This is one of them. It's not really written to any fixed rhyme or length pattern or anything. Kinda stream of consciousness I guess. Meant for it to be used it in an acoustic song.

~~
Weary and Gray
 
Somewhere over the rainbow
The seven colors converge into three
But not of the spectrum
The light from my halo dims
As I open the gate and walk past it
The world I left is the same as the one I enter
But for the color scheme
I look around

A bizzare fantasy
A purple moon against a dreamlit sky
With answers hidden somewhere
Somewhere among the clouds
A stark contrast to the expectations
Of the weary wanderer
His journey began
And yet begins again

Now here's a question
Which hurts more
Wounds closer to the surface
Or those deeper inside?
I wouldn't know
Because I can smile
Rattle rattle, was that a child's toy?
Or a snake?

"Excuse me, but
Could you look for my halo?
I think my halo's fallen off
On second thought
I don't think I need it
Where I'm going
Or rather
Where I am"

Play with matches
Learn your lesson
And a well taught one too
Practice makes perfect
But in this case
I'd rather pass
I've seen those green eyes before
And they mean trouble

I hold my head high
Now that its burden is lifted
Or rather, it fell off
Unceremoniously
And now I can gaze upon the truth
What is and not what was
Ascending I climb and close my eyes
To wake later

A crescent moon, my throne
Sipping a bittersweet nectar
Master of all that I survey
From my vantage point
In the dreamlit sky
Or am I? I doubt it
High on something low
Perspective bends

Everything I can see
Shades of grey
Thousands of them
Against the purple moon
Colorblind? I think not
A state of suspended animation as opposed to perpetual motion
Cheers.

~~

No comments:

Post a Comment